BI Systems Evaluation
S.Hostie, Consultant, Belgium, Member
Here some data about business intelligence CMM
Availability of the business information, levels:
1. Any BI is limited to departmental or small group availability.
2. There is some business information available across departments or functions for limited applications.
3. Most business information is available to most people across the organization.
4. Business information is available and is widely used.
5. There are documented and mandated standards for cross-organization accessibility.
Analytical applications, online help and other support, levels:
1. The creating department knows the information and how to use it.
2. There are limited online help facilities.
3. Much of the BI is easily understood and usable by those with little expertise as well as the most experienced power user.
4. There are analytical applications that will walk the user through specific operations.
5. BI is used to tie the operations of the organization into a coherent whole. There are analytical applications and an integrated flow of information.