Use Six Thinking Hats to Structure Brainstorming Sessions
Gary Wong, Consultant, Canada
I suggest using the method to organize thinking in a brainstorming session:
1. Start by wearing a Blue hat as a facilitator and explain the purpose of the session and the meeting rules.
2. Then ask everyone to put on a White hat and share relevant background information.
3. Now switch to the Green hats and generate new ideas.
4. Change to the Yellow hats to identify the positives and benefits of ideas.
5. Gather negative concerns such as Groupthink with the Black hats.
6. Check emotions under the Red hats.
7. Finally, summarize the session outcomes as the Blue hat facilitator.
Head over to the Six Thinking Hats to learn more about how other members practice Parallel Thinking. (...) Read more? Sign up for free
Please register now to read all responses and to join this discussion yourself. It's easy and 100% free.
Sign up for free Log in