WHEN BPR is Applicable to SMEs:
asif, Analyst, Pakistan, Member
When you are facing following problems in your organization then you can consider a BPR exercise (both in small and large organizations)
- Cross-functional, cross-departmental, cross-hierarchical problems
- Too many non-value-adding steps (e.g. check, monitor, control, authorize, reconcile, transfer),
- Complex procedures with many exceptions & special cases
- To fight increasing competition, to get products/services to market faster
- Rework, iteration & duplication of work
- Miscommunications occur frequently and important information was not passed to the relevant parties to follow up.
- It takes a long time to know the progress of the work when the customers ask.
- Don't know for sure the cost and profitability of works done.
- Not sure of who is responsible for what task.