What Knowledge is Required for BPR?
The underlying assumption on BPR presented in this article is "task completion through unified team effort". But how is this possible in the practical business world?
There aren't any group of members knowledgeable enough on all business processes. That`s the core reason of existence of organization to achieve more through collective endeavours.
An example: a normal product design & development process requires cross-function participation and activities from:
- MARKETING -- for voice of customer information,
- ENGINEERING -- for product specification development,
- MANUFACTURING -- for existing manufacturing capacity understanding,
- PRODUCTION -- for lead time understanding, and
- QUALITY -- for performance excellence....