BSC Experience in Software Development
Ladislav Novacic, Business Consultant, Croatia, Member
Dear Mr. Sheehan, I have a good experience in BSC project implementation and more than 40 years of management experience. There is no need for "special BSC experience in software development or customer support department". You should only look for good experience in business processes in developments, customer support or any other company functions when you're defining the optimal KPIs for those processes.
1. You need to divide the process in ACTIVITIES. Then
2. Based on yours needs, define several main PARAMETERS to be monitored.
3. Establish the REPORT, consisting of:
- A diagram of monitored parameters,
- An analysis of the causes of trends and
- A list of activities for improvements of those parameters.
The best way to do this is in MS Excel in one sheet. You should definitely also
remember to also establish some system of STORING every Report and Control on the realization of every activities for improvement.
The period of reporting depends on the total time for finishing the products from your process. This method allow you to manage your process in an optimal way and continue to improve it. If you are interested, I could take part in your BSC implementation.