In the forum section you will find recent discussions within this knowledge area.
From Persuasion to Engaging Consumers in 4 Spheres
Jaap de Jonge, Editor, Netherlands
Most advertising messages as we all know them are typically:
- Transmitted widely (not precisely targeted)
- Intrusive (pervasive, without consent of the receiver)
- Irrelevant (not adapted to the receiver)
- Persuading through either interruption, repetition or even by being ubiquitous (omnipresent).
According to Jeffrey F. Rayport that has to change and is changing: In a media-saturated world, to engage consumers requires focusing on where and when they are receptive.
Rayport says consumers are most receptive when they are approached in one of 4 spheres, especially when used in the right marketing stage:
1. PUBLIC SPHERE - where we are between activities, both physical and virtually. Good for Awareness, Trials, Purchase. Not good for Branding and Loyalty.
2. SOCIAL SPHERE - where we interact and relate with other people. OK for Awareness, good for Trials, OK for Purchase, Branding and Loyalty.
3. TRIBAL SPHERE - where we affil...