Scorecard Zero as a Tool for Results Management
Javier Elenes, Business Consultant, Mexico
Getting results through others is all about management.
A tool that is often used to stay on course is a scorecard. The Scorecard Zero
is an interesting variant. "Zero" means that before installing the scorecard you review the strategy and KSF´s of the company from scratch and, most importantly you build support with the 3 C´s: Commitment, Competence and Consistency
The scorecard zero shows a "colored" performance status (green, yellow and red).
The steps to take for scorecard zero are
1. Competitive strategy clarification
2. Build support by commitment
3. Build support by competence (competitive abilities of people, equipment and systems
4. Build support by consistency aligning goals to strategy
5. Install and teach management the scorecard zero use to spot yellow and red performances to generate
6. Install corrective action to maintain course and results (customer value creation and economical value added).