Peter Principle is partly true

Peter Principle > Forum Log in

Peter Principle is partly true
V.Subburam, India
To some extent the theory is true but not 100%. There are at least 5% of people who never find a higher position suitable to their potential. And the other 95% are placed in positions above their limited potentials, because of mismatch of talents i.e not finding right persons for the right jobs given the scarcity of time and other resources of the organizations. Right huh?

Peter Principle is True
LEAH LYNDA I. STA ANA, Student (MBA), Philippines
Peter principle is very much true. The 5% of people who never find a higher position suitable to their potential might be because of attitude and not aptitude anymore.
The 95% placed in positions above their limited potential may not be true that their potential is limited. They are just not trying very hard to harness their potential for fear that the more managers know about their ability, the bigger the responsibility that will be thrown at them and sometimes without monetary benefits.

Peter Principle
ROGER BERTRAND, Business Consultant, Peru
Again a true statement. There is a tendency to seek higher levels in hierarchy: go for the sky. But there is a point where one reaches its level of incompetency that may spark from incorrect placing in the organization or simply reaching the limits of one capacity to get results: then you Peter out!



    Do you wish to study further? You can learn more from the summary, forum, discussions, lessons, courses, training, instructions, expert tips, best practices and education sources. Register.  

Special Interest Group Leader

You here

More on Peter Principle
Best Practices

Expert Tips


About 12manage | Advertising | Link to us | Privacy | Terms of Service
Copyright 2016 12manage - The Executive Fast Track. V14.1 - Last updated: 22-10-2016. All names tm by their owners.